• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2011 Stratos 385XF questions

Hey guys been looking at this boat and wondering what you guys think? Looking at a 150hp motor for it and maybe a kicker. How fast would it run, whats the ride like also if you have one your self post it so I can see what yours looks like.

(Please read forum policy before posting again, thank you)

I don't have the Stratos, I have a Ranger Reata which is pretty similar.

With a 150 and a kicker you're probably looking at 44-47 mph, depending on motor and prop, etc. That's just an educated guess.

Very nice riding boats and very nice layouts, I've been really happy with mine.

I have had the 386 XF for the past 3 years. Wow, what a difference compared to my Lund Fisherman, which was a great boat. When it comes to ride. The 386XF really takes the waves well. Stay quite dry also. Can't say enough good things about it. I have a Yamaha 4 stroke 150 and I can get 47 alone and 44 with another rider.

I am curious Pat what prop you are running on your boat. Thanks for your reply

I have an 18 pitch 4 blade stainless

baitcaster, Those speeds are with a 14 1/4 x 19 three blade Stilleto stainless prop. I usually run a 14 1/4 x 18 four blade Quicksilver aluminum. Better hole shot for skiing and it rides leveler than with the 3 blade.

The boat tilts to the port side quite a bit until I get it trimmed just right with the Stilleto.

I do lose top end though. About 45 alone and 43 with a passenger.