• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Cover Question

I have now gone through 3 boat covers & constantly draining my boat after it rains, is there a 100% waterproof boat cover out there or am I in la la land. I keep buying boat covers off the shelf & still end up having it go through to bottom of boat and have to drain. What is wrong with my picture? anyone know? or do I have to put in garage to wrath of wife?

You have to make sure the water cant pool on the cover anywhere. i can usually just flip the seat backs up under the cover and make sure it is bungied down tight so everything drains off in all but the heaviest downpours. i also took some 1/2" pvc pipe and fittings and made a 'frame' to go under the cover, but it turned out to be easier and less hassle to use the seats. Maybe you could get some support poles to fit into the removeable seat pedistal mounts, if you have them.

I think unless you get a custom cover made your not gonna get it 100%

I just bought a ratchet-tite cover from the Big C. I put it on the first time Friday and for the most part everything is bone dry, except for around the motor that does seal up completely. I can live with that and am impressed with it so for.

thx guys

highlife, how much did that cost

......but i still get moisture when i have something propped up underdneath, b4 this ams dounpours, i put 2 old closet bi-fold doors across boat and the doors were soaked, im sure pooling would be major problem of mine but seems to be wet regardless if there is pooling or not.

It was just under $200. I don't know what kind of boat you have, but check out their site. They have many different covers for just about any boat. You get what you pay for, you don't want the cheapest but probably don't need the most expensive. Good luck.

I just bought a ratchet-tite cover from the Big C. I put it on the first time Friday and for the most part everything is bone dry, except for around the motor that does seal up completely. I can live with that and am impressed with it so for.

I bought the same cover and it is GREAT. It rachets tight so water doesn't pool (I have the full windshield so that helps). It is also trailable. The side straps are on the wimpy side but I've had no problems (been 5 yrs) but I can see they will some day. I bought a replacement pack of 6 for $10. Motor cover is WAY to big but I don't use it anyways.

The best part is...these usually go on MEGA clearance and I got mine for well over half off! Keep an eye open if you're in no big hurry!