• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Basswood

We wiil be fishing Basswood the week of June 2.We normaly troll # 5 Rapalas and do well but I looking for some other(new) options to try.Will be fishing for Pike and eyes.Anyone have a favorite lure I could try.

It depends on what kind of baitfish are in the lake your fishing. On Lake of the Woods perch is the best all-round color. I would suggest getting a few colors and see what works best. Also another good lure for walleye is the smithwick super rouge. You might want to try some of those too. After the trip tell me how things went. Good luck!!

fishinfrenzy
[email protected]

Storm Jr. Thunderstick all the way. It catches some very nice walleyes and somedays you can't keep the smallies off of it. As for colors, my favorites are rainbow trout and fire tiger, but almost anything works. For northerns I like #13 Husky Jerks in blue/silver or black/gold. Good luck. Let me know how you do. I camped up on Jackfish Bay a couple summers ago... had a blast.

Hi Gerd,
Tried Thundersticks once or twice didn't have much luck but I'll give them another try.If you enjoyed Jackfish you should try Basswood.Portage is better and more area to fish.You may need some help finding your way around.Didn't Like Jackfish much but had some bad weather and picked a bad week there were about about about 200 campers from some religous group.Didn't get much fish but still had fun.I'll post how i did
can't wait.
Thanks for the reply