• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

starting the season with a trolling motor.

ive narrowed down on what to buy for my madriver adventure 14 and was wondering if i needed anything else.

Motor

deep cycle battery

battery charger

battery box

extension cables

Motor Mount

ya just look at your reg stickers and on the bottom left you see ~ "MN then 4 numbers & 2 letters".

so you need stickers that'll read on your yak example; MN 1111 KP look up the DNR page on the placement of the numbers along with the DNR tag. they have to read a certain way. essentually the letters & numbers will be towards the bow and the DNR sticker behind them towards the stern.

i got my hull stickers at cabelas but you should be able to get them at Fleet Farm or Gander mountain. they come in a bubble pack with 4 sets of each, letters & numbers. they have to be 3" high also per the DNR regs.

The mount looks nice. Just get a portable deep-cycle charger, an on-board charger and a plastic boat would probably not mix well with the charger giving off some heat. Plus, it just adds more weight to the boat.

so as i was going to put on the reg number, i realized that my brother(owner of the canoe) put the dnr decal way to far on the hull. so instead of: [] mn 1234 mn its mn 1234 mn [] would i be fine for the weekend you think?

and yeah i went with the portable.

Just got my Adventure 14... tough to find a good motor mount. I saw your photo while searching the net. I like it! Where did you get it? I'm in Colorado but want to get a motor mount soon. Take care

Just found it on HSO-Classifieds - Thanks a ton man, this has been tougher than I thought.

Caught a few smallmouth last night from the canoe (a first). Always been a river fisher but this lake with a canoe thing is really enjoyable. Take care.