• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Replacement seats

What would you recommend for some good seats to be mounted in a resort style boat with the benches? I was looking in a catalog and saw the tempress seats look pretty comfy... any advice? Price not a problem so let me know what worked for you! The back seat where my little office is grin is the most important Thanks

I recommend putting in a pin style base with a pin style seat mount. Swivels great, there is a little spring for a bit of suspension, and you can easily remove seat. Also lifts you a bit higher than the bench, which is nice. You can do the same in other "benches" and then just add or remove seats as needed, or move middle to front, etc. The alum pin base works great and is light, and I think the alum base does not require the "screw" safety on the pin. WE cut the screw part off the pins, as it will never pop out when riding on them.

As far as seats, don't get cheap ones and make sure they are the BIG seats. We made the mistake of getting some camo ones that look good, and they are too small to be truly comfy. Good luck!

Thanks guys. Right now my boat is bare bones with just painted alluminum bench seats. would you do like lund and plywood over that to install to and if so would you paint the plywood or carpet it? I was thinking I would like to save on weight but it would make them more rigid having the plywood. Carpeting them would create a non slip surface to set stuff but have seen them with stain on them as well. Any opinions on this? Would the carpet hold moisture in the plywood? Thanks guys. And I like the pin style swivel idea!

I kinda of like the plywood idea (could use thin stuff like 1/4-1/2 even, as bench is already pretty sturdy). Sturdy, and you can easily attach stuff to it with small screws. Could even route in some shallow can holder areas wink but be sure to put a drain hole in if you do that.

We have varnished seats in the past and it looked real nice, and wore well. But I have also put vinyl on plywood (wrapped around) and then attached to benches too. That looks nice and clean and wears well also. I used Dot Deco brand and I really like it.

I would not do carpet personally, holds moisture agains the wood (treated so no biggie I guess) but mainly because it stays wet for so long, and then your pants/legs get wet, stuff you set on it gets wet, etc.

Have fun, there are lots of ideas for cool remodel ideas in this forum, so be sure to check out what others have done! Have fun!