• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shotshell Reloading

Ive noticed that the final crimp on the shells leaves an opening on the top of the shell large enough for some of the shot to fall out. The shells load perfectly and there are no other problems with the hulls, except that at the end of my round i have loose shot rolling around in my pocket. HAs anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a solution for this problem. Ive tried new hulls with the same result. Any advice is appreciated, Thanks

Any number of things could be causing your problem. Need more info. The most likely is that the components do not match your case well. Another possibility is too much wad pressure or improper final crimp setting. What load are you using in what case?

As a general rule, Win. AA wads don't work well in Fed cases and Fed wads wont fit in Win cases. Different case capacity is the culprit there. As stated above, you can add an overshot card or filler wad if you have mismatched components to use up.

My all purpose trap loads are: Fed GM case, Fed 12S3 wad, 1 1/8oz shot and Red Dot powder charge per Alliant manual. I also shoot Win AA case, Win AA or WT12 and 1 1/8 oz shot with Red dot.

Archery, i am using a progressive loader. It has loaded tens of thousands of rounds, so it makes sense that something could be worn out. Polaris, I am loading win aa hulls with win wads and 1 1/8oz of shot, i think it is dropping 19 grains of clays powder. This is what I've been using for years. It is just recently that they started opening up

Check your adjustments. I seem to recall an adjustmet on the crimp-finisher stage that has an allen-head bolt that goes through an "elongated hole". If the position of the bolt has shiften in that elongated hoe, your crimp quality diminishes. I agree with all the above, but this may be another place to check.