• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Covers

amateurfishing

After 3/4 inch of water in last day, I have found out my risiduall water issue is from 2 ineffective boat covers. 1. canvas cover came with boat and tailored for it & 2. giant tarp that is not effective enuff either. For a new one do I go with one off the shelf at a retailer or custom? Is there a difference in materials? What is best? And who/what brand would you recommend?

for the price of off the shelf, custom is not too much more, and better stuff i think, but depends alot on your boat and what fits. i've got a snap on custom cover for $300. with custom, did not have to remove bow trolling motor, and side console windshield. also covers the entire boat, bow to stern, and not leave the bow point sticking out like the factory Lund covers (at least that's what the dealer said)

Top gun boat covers, google them. located between shakopee chaska and jordan. 41 and 169

Then compare them to North County Canvas in Crystal. You won't beat the service and attention to detail. Dave has made my last 3 Top Gun custom snap covers and will make all future covers down the road, Big Man willing. Good luck...

btw, if you choose to go custom, there's not comparison to perfomance and quality of material. You will pay significantly more up front, but that evens out down the road as you're not buying new tarps every 3-4 yrs or replacing floors / carpet b/c it's always wet. You'll never find Top Gun material covers off the shelf and Top Gun, IMO, is about the best material out there at this time...