• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tracker owners

Esox_Magnum

Hey guy's buddy has a 05 Targa 17 found out last week the hull is split from bow to stern as well as on a few ribs. 2nd owner so not sure yet what Tracker will do just wondering if others have had any issues and how you got them fixed. Boats been used but taken care of and has never hit anything or been hit.

Had the same thing with a Targa 175 with a 135 saltwater optimax, brought it in for trade and they told me the next day it was leaking from the bow. I had to make a insurance claim so they would still take it in on trade. I had a feeling someting was going on with it when I was alwas pumping out water but kept going thinking it was the live well splashing out water or the live well had a bad seal. Had to fight with the insurance company but luckly they covered it. I think it might have happened when I loaded it to hard on the trailer in a storm. The adjuster working on my claim had a Targa also, his had been back to the factory twice for the same thing so I think Tracker should be doing a recall on the Targas they are just not built like they say for big bodies of water. Where did he buy it from dealer or the owner? I switched to a Lund 2010 Pro Guide and its one of the best riding boats I have ever been in. Good luck that is a real pain to have to deal with.

It was a trade in through a dealer, boats been great up till now. Original owner got it from a local Tracker dealer near him. We did notice a water problem last season to but thought it was also a pump or hose leaking as we never seen water dripping back out.

sounds like somebody already played switcheroo. Bummer. I was told from my dealer that it was fault for bringing the boat to big lakes and that this boat wasn't designed for big water. What a joke! I talked with a different dealer after I unloaded it and said these boats were on the tournament trail and were constantly back at the factory having work done. Theres a reason why a) these are priced so low compared to others and B) why the Tundra isn't around anymore. Its the old addage you get what you pay for! Unfortunately some of us learn the long and ultimately more expensive way before we find out. Good luck to you and your buddy on unloading that thing!

They only had it a year or less before my buddy got it, they were bass guys and switched to a Ranger bass boat. Tundras are a different animal, stamped hulls by Boeing Corp not welded like the Targa series. Biggest water this ones been on is 5600 acres,hardly considered big water. Former ownes also aware of it now and trying to help in any way he can. We ran it at least 3 years before any problems started to show last fall, and even then we were thinking a broken pump or fitting since we could not see and visual cracks.

Tracker is supposed to have revamped their customer service so this will be a good test of that. I will say that I have read about more than one tracker cracking so when he calls the factory I'm sure they will have a protocall all ready in place for this situation.

Let us know what the dealer/factory says. If it comes down to it, sheet aluminum is at 68 cents a pound now.

Have you done a google search on this to see what other guys have had to do to get their boats fixed? This might be helpful so you guys know what you have coming up.