• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question for Crestliner Sportfish owners

gdog

I have a 2004 1850 sf and would like to be able to use a taller saddle/bike style seat on the bow. The boat comes with an extension that allows you to mount a seat up there, but I find it very uncomfortable to work my trolling motor from that position and cast, etc. I would really like to get an adjustable pedestal up there and sit up higher or just lean against it. I have called Crestliner and Swivl Eze and neither have a solution. Have any of you figured this out? Thanks for the help!

Not sure why your having problems. Get an adjustable pedestal from Swivel-eze and a bike seat and you're good to go. Pretty easy to find, just make sure you know what type of system (pin, plug-in, or taper-lock)

If you $$ isn't an issue, look at the Control Post leaning posts. If you like to lean against something, they are nice. I had one in old boat, but didn't use it much. I usually just stand, and don't like a post/seat cluttering up my work area. good luck...

The problem is that the front of the sportfish has a convertible casting platform/seating area. The receptacle for a pole is actually in the floor of the boat and then the casting platform folds down above it. The boat has the 238 series hardware from Swivl Eze. The longest pole that they make would leave me in a somewhat squatting position. Is there anyone out there who uses a saddle/bike type seat on the front of a Sportfish and how did you set it up? Thanks.

I have the same boat and the same issue, I've been looking around for something and have come up blank. I haven't done it yet but welding in the extra 18" in the only thing I could come up with.

On the adjustable seats can you cut apart the post or is that part of the air ride function?

I thought I would just post this for anyone else to let them know what I came up with for a solution. I went to Discount Steel and bought a one foot long piece of aluminum tube that had a slightly smaller inside diameter than 2 3/8. I was trying to find something that had that exact inside diameter, but the 2 3/8 size is a custom extrusion that Swivl Eze uses. So, I then took that chunk of tubing and had a guy machine the inside of it to fit over the end of the post extension that came with the boat. Then, I was abe to put a pedestalseat into that.

Now for the much easier version that will save you a lot of money and is a better solution in the long run. Go and buy the base for the 3/4" lock 'n pin and replace the base in the front of the boat with that. Also buy a 12" extension for that base. You will then have the top of that extension at the level of the flip down floor and you can now plug whatever seat/pole combination that will fit . And you will have a lot of choices since I see them everywhere.