• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

gauges not working and battery not charging?

broken_line

i have a old pro fisherman and the tachometer works untill you throttle up. the gas gauge doesnt move at all. also the battery voltage does not rise when engine is running and often have to keep 3 batterys with me. could there be a short somewhere? or would a bad rectifier cause this?

The fuel guage is on it's own. Some regulator/rectifiers also controlled the tach. What engine do you have? Does your engine charge at all? The tach sounds like a bad guage or it is in between pole settings. More info would help.

How do you go about fixing the gas gauge? Mine doesn't work either? I am getting a new motor put on so I am curious to see when they put that on and get everything wired up again if it gets fixed. Otherwise what should I be looking for to get it fixed?

Walleye #1