• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

old town guide 147

on sale at a local retailer for 337... regularly priced at 639+

is that a deal? i mean, i've been in the market for a canoe, but is it worth the money or should i keep saving for something nicer?

if you have any experience with this canoe, let me know!

pretty good deal. just remember you will still need to buy PDFs and paddles, registration and taxes. at 74 lbs you'll need help to put it on your roof top, 36" wide at the waterline makes it stable enuff to stand inside however, it makes for a slow ride. i have one and its very fun to use. many family fishing trips in that thing. my kids love it! but they don't have to paddle lol

I agree, It's a good price, thats about what I paid for mine used. I use it for fishing and really like the stability of it, but it is a tub. I have the motor mount and use an electric trolling motor to putt around the lakes. Also a great little canoe for shallow creeks and rivers as it doesn't have a keel to get hung up on rocks and logs and takes a beating well. If thats what your looking for, its a great canoe. If you want a canoe to take up to the BWCA or for extended paddling trips I would look at another model.

i'd look to see what your local [Note-from-admin-Please-don't-send-folks-there] has.. or even what mpls/stp [Note-from-admin-Please-don't-send-folks-there] has to offer... so many people get rid of canoes for dirt cheap on there

it is a good deal.. but there are always better ones out there