• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

roadkill fisher

i found a fresh roadkill fisher by my house that is in really nice shape.it's a male but it is nice and chocolate brown the fur is not slipping and will make a very nice mount.i am waiting for the game warden to return my call.has anyone here ever tried to get a permit for a furbearer in this situation?i know it should have been left where it was but with the warm weather it would have spoiled in no time and i am doing what i can to get a permit,i also know this warden and if i have to i will turn it over to him.

picked one up once about 10 years ago in the fall was in good shape.didnt want to see it rot on the road and go to waste.I put the fur up and at fur registration had to surrender it to the dnr.Thats what happens when your honest about it.It could have been worse,they could have pinched me for it but didnt.No big deal. good luck and hope u can keep it .

well i just talked to the warden i know and he said it shouldn't be a problem getting a salvage permit for it but i need to talk to the warden that is in charge of the area i found it.so i called and got his voice mail and am waiting for a call back again.

well i just got word today that i will be able to get a tag for it tomorrow smile

i am hoping i can get muthagoose from this site to do the mount for me,i saw some pics of a few fisher he has done and 1 was just what i am looking for it was chasing a red squirrel up a branch,pretty cool...