• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trot Through the Bog

Jim Almquist

Love the magpie shots! That's been a VERY elusive target for me!

Ken for what ever reason (mating season ?)it was a first for me. There were two of them and they were chatting it up pretty good. The worst part was I could not get between them and the sun so it took some PP to get them to look decent. None of the shots of the Magpies were cropped but I did have the 1.4 on the 400mm.

I like the magpies too. Haven't seen one in person since I lived in ND and those photos are beautiful. That meadowlark touches my heart though snd that pose is so typical of their behavior. There used to be lots of them here and would look forward to seeing them as a sure sign of spring.

Nice job with the magpies. I have been working on them too. There is ones that a lot braver then the rest.

There were two that did not mind me watching them and they were very vocal with each other. I did see a flock of 8-10 fly over Admiral on the south end by little parking lot.