• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HDS5

ib_jigged

I am thinking about purchasing a HDS 5. Right now it would be the only unit on the boat. What all do I need to purchase with it to be able to move it from dash to bow? Would like to have a Ram mount at both places. Also would the Lakemaster chips I have in my H20c work in this finder?

How about being able to add other finders in teh future to the same lines?

Thanks

You will need power cables at both locations, a RAM ball at both locations, and transducer plugs (you can hook it to a different transducer on your trolling motor, or run some sort of splitter off the other one).

HDS5 will take an older lakemaster card, but if it has the lakes you fish I really recommend the Insight chip for it.

I have mine mounted on the console and just turn mine to face the front when up there casting, it will take the same chip as the h20's do, as far as insight thats personal preference but I find the chips from Navionics and LM have better definition.

I agree, the easiest way to move it would be to have a power cable, transducer connection, and RAM ball at each place you want to move the unit too. Then it's just a simple process of disconnecting / reconnecting cables, and moving the unit and the RAM arm.

I have my boat set up pretty much the same, because sometimes I move a unit back and forth between my bow and my kicker motor, depending on how I'm fishing. I also have ethernet and nmea network connections at both stations. It works great.