• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

looking for owl in flight pics

hey folks, have been browsing thru this forum and seen some fantastic pics. i have wanted a owl in flight for a tatoo across my back and with the skill you guys and gals show i thought maybe someone could post some that i may use for that. thanks in advance.

joe

looking for iy to stretch wings shoulder to shoulder so kind of a straight on shot, really want one when the owl is after a mouse or something, feet outstretched and talons exposed, picky i know, but when i find it its for life

No offense pureinsanity, but you can't offer use of images that are not yours. I know Chris Dodds and he would be really upset if someone used his copyrighted images without his consent.

These are all my images:

GGO_melanistic.jpg

GGO_close.jpg

GGO_spread1.jpg

Sorry, but you obviously don't know anything about copyright. Having an image on the web does not allow it to be used for free especially if it has his name and a copyright logo. I know this for a fact. I had a Canadian company take some of my images and sell them without my consent. I got paid for every single one when I hired a attorney who specialized in photography copyright.

Next time you might want to state that the images are not yours and the person should contact the photographer for use.

I get paid for my photography and this is a huge problem for fellow photographers.

With that said I thought it would be cool to have one of my images as a tattoo, and would consider letting him use it for free.

Thanks for the heads up. Next time I decide to draw a pencil drawing of animal and use google to find an image I will be sure to contact the photographer, ask him if I can draw it, and if he says no, I will certainly buy it from him....

I didn't realize looking at an image and creating a free hand drawing, which the tattoo artist will do is considered stealing an image. So that is considered copyright infringement?

Imagine the billions of dollars of copy right infringement that is all over peoples bodies. I would hate to be caught up in all that. Charging the tattoo shop, artist, and the client for stealing an image, and creating a reproduction. Yikes!

Also did the owl sign a waiver allowing you to photograph him or her? Releasing all rights to sell and make a profit off a portrait of themselves? or if the owl had an attorney, could he or she get a profit share of the images you might have sold that they were included in?

A few years ago I was seriously into scroll sawing portraits, wildlife and human. There was a nationally known designer that sold a lot of awesome designs for the scrollsawyer. I had actually purchased one of a pair of loons. It was eventually discovered that this artist was taking images of art off the net and using them as templates, so to speak. It still required a lot of skill to turn one of these images into a design a person could scroll. But, what he did was a blatant violation of copyright laws. This artist got in a ton of hot water and I'm sure had lawsuits against him. It eventually cost him his designing business and who knows what else. It's just the way copyright laws work. You may not replicate anyone's image in any form without consent from the original artist.