• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yar Craft 1895 with a Etech 115 trolling speed.

Borch

Greggs is a wheel boat, mine a tiller. No assist on mine--the Yammie has very little tiller torque except at WOT trimmed to the max. It would be nice to have the Titan system when backtrolling 3 to 5's on Lake of the Woods just to keep the motor from turning with a big wave. Otherwise, it hasn't been an issue.

When do you get it on the water?

A couple things I did to make mine better (to me): added a pedestal base in the center just aft of the battery compartment and stow netting across the rear of the bow deck and on the face of the port side rod locker.

Borch, I have an 1895 with a 125 opti. The only time I have trouble with out steering assist is when I am in big waves running trying to keep the front end down. Trolling speeds are about 2.2 on calm water with no aides in slowing me down. If you have any more ? icehawk has my number. Balsa

Hey Gregg Yes it is hard to hold onto. Do you have a 150? The 115-135 is a little under hp for the boat. I can't bust through the waves like the 150 can with the steering assist. I have no complaints with the motor though it is great for trolling forward and back trolling. Have you driven one with the 175? That is a fun ride.