• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1973 Johnson 25 ?

RiverFish

I acquired a 1973 Johnson 25 HP last year, motor ran okay last year. I was finally able to track down a service manual for this motor. In the manual it talks about some lubrication points. There is one on the shaft that takes the usual zerk gun. There are some other "lubrication points" shown in the manual that do not take have the typical zerk fitting.

Question being, what do I use to lubricate these "points"?

Thanks.

Any marine lube will work. Marine lubes will resist moisture better

Thanks for the response. I should have been more precise with my question. Do I need a specific tool to apply the lube? The "port" does not look like a typical zerk port. The port is a bit smaller.

I wonder if they may have used some checkball zerts back then? My ranger trailer has those on the axles. Clean it up really good and see if they is a checkball in the center of the zert. If so; you will need a needle tip for the grease gun. Kind of a pain, but you press the needle into the zert then pump in the grease.

Sorry guys, I think I am an [PoorWordUsage]. blush I was looking at some lubrication diagrams and listed in the table it says "Complete list does not apply to all models." I was trying to make up some lubrication points that I do not think apply to my model.

Thank you for your help and time.