• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for Lund dealer...

cygnus

Hey guys. I'm in the market for a new boat. Leaning towards a Lund Explorer or possibly the new Impact. I want the boat with an E-tec, not a Merc. My local dealer more or less turned me away when I said I wanted an E-tec, but after speaking with a rep from Lund at least years boat show, I know the boats can be had with any engine. Does anyone know of some Lund dealers in WI that are willing to accomdate me? Thanks!

Any dealer should put that motor on that boat but you will get charged for taking the old controls off and putting new ones on. Just get the Mercury 4 stroke its basically a Yamaha anyways. wink

By the way I have a 17' Explorer and really like it. I have to take a look at that other boat.

Oh and dont listen to greg he only knows Yar Craft and E-Techs. I will say I would run a Yar Craft but never a E-tech. Sorry Greg. grin

Probably doesn't help you as you're in WI, but you can get an Etec Lund combo at Nelson Marine in White Bear Lake, Mn. I went Yammy, but Etec was a very close 2nd. They will charge you a rigging fee for removing Merc controls and adding Etec. It was $250 for me, which was not that big of a deal to get the combo I wanted. I think Rapid might do it here in the TC too.