• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

prediction for the Hall of fame game Dec 30th

cbrooks

Big game this Thursday for the pairwise rankings. University of Minnesota Duluth against the hated Sioux in Duluth's grand opening for there new hockey arena Amsoil Arena. I got UND winning 5 to 3. This game does not count for inter league play.

Does anyone know if this game is being televised at all?

3-2 Dogs. I'd hate to have the first win in that new building be from the goons in green. I WISH it was televised, but I kinda doubt I will be able to watch it. The tickets are sold out. Some going on e auction site for quite the high prices.

Holy man, nice avator. Look at the bend in that stick. Too bad you won't have Olsen or Justin Faulk playing. Did UMD ever get there goalie situation figured out? I remember hearing that there was some inconsistencey(sp) there.

Yeah I'm happy for Olsen and Faulk. Olsen did not live up to expectations last year, but he worked REALLY hard in the offseason and it's obviously payed off. Niskanen from the Iron Range was the last blue liner we've had of their talent level.

Faulk is just a stud and he's got some size. He glides around quite effortlessly and then suprises you with a bomb right into the corner of the net. I doubt he will be back next year, but I can always hope. I see he's already got a goal for team USA.

Goaltending for UMD has not been as strong as it could be, but maybe they could improve a little moving into 2011. If we can keep the scoring high and get better goaltending we'd be pretty tough to beat. 3 days to go for the opening of Amsoil Arena.

I see UMD recruited a goaltender who plays on the USA under-18 Matt McNeely. It isn't a fluke that UMD has became one of the top teams in the WCHA the last few years.

I never got a chance to watch UND and UMD play each other this year. Last year they had that line with the Connelly's and Bordson. Too bad Bordson went pro. UND has one line thats been doing really well the last month (Evan Trupp, Brad Malone and Matt Frattin). Evan makes the play, Malone screens the goalie and Frattin rockets the goal in. Most of there goals are from outside the permiter. Frattin been putting up good numbers. What a turn around he's had. Hopefully everybodies healthy for my team. Should be a good game.

Frattin's been putting up huge numbers this year. Who would have thought after he was dismissed last year.

As far as guys being out, it looks like UMD will be without it's top 2 blueliners Faulk and Olsen, both in World Juniors. Wade Bergman is expected back, but I don't know if he'll play or not. I thought he had a broken hand or something. If he did come back, it's possible we could make up our pairings without Palm (using Huttel and Kischel). Please make it so Sandy. It's hodge-podgey AT BEST.

I just hope you guys wear green tonight instead of black! UND will be without Gregoire, Hextall, Forbort and Nelson. The former 2 to injury and the latter 2 to World Juniors.

7 Hours, 20 minutes until the puck drops on the new arena. Winner will take the head to head component of the PWR, unless we meet in the F5.

I just hope you guys wear green tonight instead of black!

Darn! Our secret is out. I think UND is 23-1 lifetime wearing the black jersay. The only team to beat us wearing black...Boston College in 2007. I might be wrong on the year.

Solbes it sounds like the game will be on locally for you guys. I'm gonna have to settle for the radio. Looks like I'm watching USA play Germany and listening to UND game tonight.

Stupid black jersey's. Next time I'm gonna find out who the equipment manager is and bribe him/her. Congrats on a big win.

Oh well, sounds like we got dominated in every facet of the game except shots on goal. Dell had a great game, Crandall not so much. Not exactly the way you want to break in a new arena. Broken glass too, not good mojo.

On the plus side I was strongly considering putting up some big dollars to go to the game. With that performance I'm glad I didn't. The game was only broadcast locally on My9 which we don't get in the Twin Cities. We'll be at the next home series on Saturday against Bucky.

24-1-2 wearing the black jersay. I don't think thats the only Hex you have going against you. Last night listening to the game on the radio. They had sportswriter from Duluth talking about the jinx team's have opening an arena. The only team in the WCHA to win there arena's grand opening was Mankato back in 1995.

The game sounded alot closer than the score. They scored 3 goals in a 1 minute 20 second spand. Aaron Dell has been a godsend this year and I think he's for real. Sounded like UMD could of had a few goals in the 1st period. I do think this is UND's best chance to win it all. Once they get everyone healthy. I'm sure these two will play again this year. Hopefully Aaron will bring his game again.

Why couldn't FSN have this game instead of Wisconsin vs Mass?

Solbes you can change your Avator. Looks like Dylan Olsen is going pro. It sounded like academic eligibility problems. Sign a contract with the Blackhawks. Never like to see a player leave his team halfway through the season.