• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some advise

brainard6

It was in the ditch on Monday when we were getting the snow. There where places where people have not driven and I really noticed then I plowed alot of snow. It seems the skis would just sink in the snow It seemed to be fine with I was on someones tracks.

Another thing I was thinking and please remember this is someone who just bought my first sled. Could it be that my front shocks are too tight and doest adjust with the snow?

I understand....Deep snow and off trail riding do take more practice and know how than does trail riding. The sled you have is more geared toward casual riding and is better suited in a trail setting as opposed to deep snow. There are however plastic skis you could put on that are wider and thus give better floatation.

There are also adjustments to the suspension that can be done to get the track lower (mounting holes on tunnel) and to the limiter strap that will allow the track to drop further for deep snow riding. Keep in mind that these adjustments will have an effect on handling on trails and hard pack. Spend some time reading up and do some experimenting to find how you like it to handle. The more familiar you become with the sled and the adjustments, the more you will enjoy riding.

Thanks for the in put. It runs good but I think I may take it in and have the carbs cleans. Its a 99 and last year it was not ridden. I may also have them look at the front and rear end to make sure its set to what I will most likly be doing. If that doesnt work then I will be looking at different skis. Again thanks

PS, a fresh lake is a breat place to get to know riding in the deeper stuff a bit better. I remember my first time in the deeper stuff (just 3 years ago) it was pretty funky. Going through about 15-20" of fresh snow over a good base was wild, as I was expecting it to be more responsive, but you really had to use body to steer, and that wasn't even much snow compared to "deep" snow. It was really fun though, now I love when we get new snow and a bunch of it smile Have fun!

edit - ps, I just saw your last note, and wanted to say that a few tools, a can of gumout, and air compressor and a little time (like about an hour) and you can most likely do the carbs your self, even if you are not that confident. It is pretty easy. You could do a search here or just ask, and the folks here are very helpful. They helped me tons!