• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ski Alignment

wastewaterguru

I made the mistake of yanking my sled out of a snowbank with a tow-strap through both ski handles. I managed to pull one of the skis hard enough to strip it in the splined spindle and the two skis were then toed in and pointed at eachother at the front of the sled. It's a 1992 polaris classic. I took it apart and I realigned by measuring the center of the attachment shaft at 37.5 inches. I put the front of the skis at 37.5 and the back of the skis at 37.5 so they are dead parallel with no toe in or out. I don't have the book so I didn't check the alignment with the track or any of that other stuff they recommend.

After looking around, folks recommend a 1/4 to 1/2 inch toe out on the skis. Should I adjust, or just keep riding with them parallel. a 1/2 inch toe doesn't seem like much.....what difference will that make. I have been out riding on it twice now and it rides fine and I can't seem to detect any handling difference other than the handlebar being a tad bit off center.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Adjusted toe and then centered the handlebars. Only took about 15 minutes. It's REALLY nice to have a sled that was taken care of and all the nuts and bolts aren't seized.

Is 4300 rpm a reasonable engagement rpm for the clutch. Book says like 3800. It's smooth and still has all the top end so I am not worried about it at all....It has the yellow primary spring?? Not sure what that means.