• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best icefishing tips and tricks

Chubby

Hey guys, what are your best ice tips and tricks? Lets here some unique tips that you have come up with over the years.

Heres one to start that is extra good for early ice.

Keep a safety rope wrapped around the outside of a 5 gallon bucket/seat. Makes it so anyone can see it and access it quickly. Also leave a bowline tied in each end. The loop of each bowline is big enough to easily get around a waist or chest. In the event of a break-through, every second counts. Trying to tie knots in freezing temps with gloves on and in a panic is not easy or a good idea.

Now its your turn!

Tip and Tricks for Ice Fishing..why didn't I think of that sooner!!!

Huge source of info, Click above

I actually bookmarked the Forum and read through it the other day now that Ice is starting to form and the season is near.

Yes it is a tremendous source of info for a rookie like me. I'm a little anal but what I did was make a word doc. and cut and paste everything I wanted to remember. That way I can look back and ref. it any time I am bored. Again anal.

Lutzy I actually tried doing that but realized real quick how much work that was. I took the easy way out and just bookmarked it. I can't believe all the knowledge on there...you would have to read 100 years worth of Field and Stream and Outdoor life to even get near what is in there.