• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

marcum countdown???

IcecoldMN

Any opinions on the marcum countdown would be appreciated. I just had my wife tell me to book a trip to LOW next week cause SHE wanted to go. THis is like the 2nd time I have gotten her to go fishing on hard water. I was thinking about getting her the countdown cause it appears very easy to read. I want her to enjoy it as much as I do, so this won't be the only time....

They're called "showdowns", not "countdowns" smile

They're very popular and they do a really good job --- and like you said, easy to read and interpret. Having her own electronics to use while fishing is likely to keep her a lot more interested, and heck, even have a lot more fun ..... not to mention catch more fish.

You can check them out, including pricing and rebates, at Pro Fishing Supply

Sounds like a great idea to me. If I didn't already know that getting the wife into ice fishing meant less time on the ice for me (nobody to watch the little kids) I'd run out and buy one for her. grin

I'd spring for one if I were you and if its in your budget.