• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sax-Zim feeders

JayinMN

I figure its time to make a public announcement that I will not be putting up any feeders this year. Usually they are started around the end of deer season. I am sure the annual Sax-Zim get together would still be a fun gathering. The feeders in Meadowlands will still be there and judging by all the owls I have been seeing in the last few weeks it may be a great year for them as well. Now if anyone wants to feed birds I can recommend a good spot.... grin

Jason I set up a seed feeder as well as a suet feeder on the same tree on Admiral. The suet feeder is filled with beef suet and is wired to the tree. i made the seed feeder big enough to holder a couple weeks of seed and drilled holes on the edges to hold a small branch for a nice landing spot. Yesterday was the first day that Admiral was plowed so I lucked out. There is a number of trappers along Admiral so be careful if you have your dog along. They seem to be well marked and the CO is keeping a eye on them. I talked to one of the trappers while setting up and he meet the CO the day before.