• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alumacraft Rear Raised Seat

Eastwind

I am looking at an Alumacraft Tournament 185. A friend has an older ( 1999 ) Alumacraft Trophy 175. He tells me that when he tries to use the single raised seat pedestal in the rear deck of his boat, the seat hits the motor if he turns it a certain way. Not having a motor on the boat I'm considering yet, it is not simply a matter of my putiing the seat and pedestal in the socket and trying it. Anyone out there either own a later model Tournament or have fished in one that could address this? If I ask the person selling it I'll likely just get the answer that will help him get the boat sold.

I own a 2008 Navigator and see the same issue. I honestly can't remember if the seat actually hits the motor when it swivels but it is close enough that I know that you can't swing your legs backwards. You'd have to swing towards the front of the boat to swivel to the other side of the boat.

That said, I rarely put a seat back there. Sometimes I stick one in the bow but most of the time if we are jigging or trolling we just keep the seats where they are in the main floor.

Thanks for the replies guys. The boat was a good deal for my situation, wanted to keep my trailer, bow mount, outboard, electronics, etc and just buy the hull. They were willing to do so because the hull is a non current 09. I decided to buy it and if the seat hits the motor I'll either not let people sit up there or be really choosey who I do let move a seat up there. I usually fish Walleyes standing right near the driver seat as I can view my sonar/GPS unit there. New boat to start out next Spring with. Don't get no better.

You should know that this is NOT unique to Alumacrafts. My F.I.L's Crestliner Fishhawk does this, as does my Lund Rebel 1625XL. Even if they don't hit, there is usually not enough room to swivel rearwards with your legs in between the seat and motor. There is usually a little sticker warning you not to leave the seat there under power.

Good luck with the new hull, you must be excited!