• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dexter

Ryan_V

Anyone know what's in the works for Dex this year?? It starts in less than a month!!! The ending to last year was a shocker, still getting over that one!! Hard to imagine where they're going to take it this year!!!

There used to be alot of TV tlak in here (I was always talking LOST and MadMen, plus some others) but it seems to have fizzled out lately. Maybe after premieres start airing it will pick up in here.

I'm in the same boat as B. Amish. Watching season 4 on netflix right now apparantly along with everyone else. Finished disc one but there is a wait for the next one grrrrr!

Definately one of the best shows ever. Very entertaining, edgy, and complicated.

I heard Julia Stiles is joining the cast this year. I thought there was another well known actor as well but I can't rember at the moment. The show's FB page is pretty active if you're into that. Shows up quite a bit in my news feed anyhow.

********IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE END OF SEASON 4.... DON'T READ THIS********

I did some thinking and on-line blog searching. I watched the finale from season 4 again. I don't think Trinity killed Rita. The m.o. it totally different. His other scenes were neat and clean. Plus, the child started the cycle and he had not killed a child. Another thing I noticed was that Ritas hand was not pointing to anything like the other victims of Trinity, it was on top of the tub. This was a copycat or something else. The neighbor Elliot is pretty suspicious to me. I think Harrison sitting in the blood is more significant to the story than Rita in the tub. This was done by someone who knew of Dexters past. I hated to see what happened to Rita, but I think it was a great move by the writers to get her out of the picture, it opens so many doors for where the storyline could go now. I was getting kind of bored with Dexter, husband, father, living in the 'burbs.... not much room to move on that. Only 3 more days to Season 5!!! Can't wait!!

Careful!! Must have will power to know when to stop because ounce you get into Dexter you will have a hard time not starting the next show after the one you just finished. Get Netflix for free for the first 30 days cancle if you dont like it. The first 2 seasons you can watch over the PC or all of them on DVD.

I

Tomorrow night at 8pm. Stoked!! Got no idea where this show is going to take us this year after that heart ripping shocker of an end.

I'm sure there will be new characters added but I wonder if another big star will be added like last year and the year before.

Great thinking there Ryan V. I have not refreshed the last show yet was waiting till tomorrow night and I'll look into that. Something to pick us up after the Vikes let down we might have grin

I started showtime back up when weeds came back on. I should have posted this earlier but if you start up showtime before Oct its less than $10 for 6 months or was it 3 months. I think the discount is still there.

Careful!! Must have will power to know when to stop because ounce you get into Dexter you will have a hard time not starting the next show after the one you just finished.

Bingo! Thats how I got into it. Borrowed season 1 and 2 on dvd from a friend. after that there were alot of nights that went to 2 a.m. where I had to watch "just one more".......

Yesterdays premier was....interesting. Not much got accomplished in my mind. The previews for next week and the season look excellent though!!! Looks like Quinn catches on to dexter. Can't wait to see where they take it.

I'm afraid that Quinn is going to meet an untimely end this year, much like Doakes in season 2!!! Still a little slow, but next week looks great!! What are the chances, rent a moving van, find blood, leading to a killer that meets the "code"!!! Only on Dexter!!

I know we're only two episodes in but I have a bad feeling that this will be the year when the show loses steam... I have been, and still am, a HUGE Dexter fan but I was less than impressed with the first two episodes. I hope next Sunday is different.

Ive always felt that Dexter started out slow every season they have to start with a new outlook or villain and I always feel the same hcmls is saying but the show always baits us into that then they turn it on and then were in for a ride.

I think Quin goes down early in the season or haf way, its just to early to drag that story out through the whole season.

Ive always felt that Dexter started out slow every season they have to start with a new outlook or villain and I always feel the same hcmls is saying but the show always baits us into that then they turn it on and then were in for a ride.

I think Quin goes down early in the season or haf way, its just to early to drag that story out through the whole season.

Maybe you're right... I just feel like I was hooked right away every other season for some reason. Maybe it had something to do with the ying and the yang of having Californication on after. One episode of one show would be great and the other would be okay. Since Californication isn't on until January, I dont have my crutch... Doesn't matter, I'm not going anywhere. I have faith in Dexter (or the writers)!

I have faith in Dex as well, I think very soon... ie.. this week or next, the show will launch full force. It's going to start with the roadkill guy ending up on Dexters table. I think that will "clear his head" and we'll know more of what way the show is going!!

Yea, the preview for this week’s episode looks pretty good! I'm guessing the girl was drugged up or something, makes it to the cops but doesn’t have a coherent story and cannot identify Dexter. I'm usually wrong with all my hypothesis though... whistle

Dexters code was relaxed on that one. He did kill an innocent last year unintentionally, if I remember correctly. So this might be a prelude to Dexter actually mulling over the fact he must take out an innocent to protect himself.

I like hcmpls theory it looks like it could play into Quins role

Not sure how dexter is going to work with the girl. I like the Minnesota connection!! smile Quinn is getting too close. I wonder if they are working him off the show with his suspension?? Wonder how Batista will end up with his problems!!! It's getting interesting!!!

I did not recognise the girl was julia styles at first. Good choice I guess to play the part though Scarlet Johansson would be funner to watch grin as a young gal from Mn.

I dont know how Dexter is going to handle her looks like she is going to go all batty/revenge exposing him.

I think this will free up Quinn to focus on Dexter, my question is when will Debra find out Quinn is investigating Dexter, that's gotta pop up soon. And how will she handle it

The Batista and Laguarta thing is an interesting side show. I wonder where that suggestive comment from the IA guy to Liguarta is going to go. Sting operation on the guy Batista beat the snot out of and Batista screwing it up by misinterpreting whats happening or was that suggestive comment a come on and Batista goes ballistic. I think were going to see Batista go ballistic however it goes.

They are playing realy loose, more than usual, with the story lines this year so many variables and loose ends to deal with. The writers always seem to tie everything up in the past. Did they write out the step children or will they come into play later in the season? The nanny is going to pose a problem down the line and I think Quinn will be involved there.

an I gotta stop I'm just running in circles here.

Yea, the preview for this week’s episode looks pretty good! I'm guessing the girl was drugged up or something, makes it to the cops but doesn’t have a coherent story and cannot identify Dexter. I'm usually wrong with all my hypothesis though... whistle

Ok, so seeing how I was way off... I have another theory. I am wondering if Dexter is showing compassion for this new girl because he is starting to see Rita in her and is getting attached. Since it would go against his code to kill her he is looking for a reason to keep her around. As for Quinn, I agree, I think he's getting too close to Dexter and for the show to continue into another season he has to be taken care of. Either what LaGuerta told him stops Quinn dead in his tracks or he's killed off. Not to mention the guys Deb seems to get "involved with” **cough**, are guys who end up with a questionable past and dead, right? But if I were a betting man, I would put money on that I am completely wrong!