• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Inflatable kayak

It will float, but it wont be an ideal fishing platform. These boats are tough to padddle and fish out of as there is no rigidity to them. Theyre like an innertube.

Hobie makes some rigid inflatables that get rave reviews, but we're talking about 2k for one of those.

Unless you lack the storage for a canoe or kayak, look into finding something made of plastic. You'll be a lot happier in the long run.

If you want something that is easy to store you could also look at folding boats i.e. Folbot, but similar to the hobie inflatables they are quite pricey. Basically you get what you pay for, if you HAVE to have a yak that will fit in your closet your going to pay for it, as opposed to having one to store in the garage which will cost you half of what a good inflatable or folding will.

Actually, I'm kinda looking for something I can throw in the back of my SUV. Those rigid mini pontoons like Cabelas sells look interesting. I would have to disassemble it to get it in my SUV but one of the reviewers says that it reassembles in just a couple minutes. They run $400.