• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pro Trainers--Recommendations

shedaddict

I have a year and a half old lab that is doing very well. I was able to take her out to ND last year when she was 7 months old and she did a great job. She has done really well with training and I haven't had any major problems with her. This is the first dog I've had and so far I feel good about where she is at, but I've been thinking of taking her to a trainer just to get a gauge on where she is at and verify that what I'm doing is correct. I am not looking to drop her off, I want to stay involved. I am looking for pointers from a professional; I don't know it all and I'm sure there are additional things I could be doing right now to prepare for the upcoming season. I've only trained her for ducks as I don't pheasant hunt, so I'd be looking for someone that specializes in duck dogs.

Please let me know if you have worked with a trainer or have heard any good recommendations on any trainers. Thanks for any input.

look into Cannon River Kennels, in Randolph. I got my lab from then and they are great guys. the offer full training courses and customized courses or day sessions with the dog and owner both. One day with these guys could help any dog/owner out big time. Jason and JJ are both great trainers and waterfowl fanatics.

I second Cannon River. I had my lab down there for intro to gun and bird class. The last week of phesant season a friend and I shot a limit of ditch chickens over him and they were all retrieved to me. Now every time he hears a gunshot he is ready to retrieve. Great guys and very helpful.

Dan