• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Biggest Crappies I've Ever Seen....

This weekend I had a softball tournament in Waseca, MN. So on my way home yesterday, I stopped by the Cabela's in Owatonna since I have to drive right by it. I've never been there before so I walked around and took it all in, sweet place! I saw they had aquariums so I checked them out, the walleye's looked pretty discolored and beat up, the bass seemed rather pale and lethargic, and then I saw the crappies. Oh my, there was some serious monsters in there. I was looking at one for awhile that was easily 20". Just massive. I would love to hook up with one of those beasts especially considering that my PB is only 13.5".

No doubt- There are a few massive fish in the Rogers location also...I wish they would open up the aquariums for fishing! Have a raffle or something to get a lucky few anglers the chance to hook into a monsters like that! Maybe not very sportsman like- but it would be fun!

those are some hogs in there. i am not so sure they are 20" tho. probably more like 17 or 18. i was fishing for walleye earlier this year and picked off my PB that went 15"....was thinkin of mounting it till i read that the state record was like 5lbs!!!!!!

The last few times I've been to Owatonna they haven't had much other than the crappies. Like was said, the walleyes and bass don't look real healthy and it seems the pike have disappeared. It's gotten a little pathetic IMHO, used to be better.

Rogers had alot more fish and more variety last fall when I was there. When I was there one of the big flatheads grabbed a good-sized sucker for a second. Fun to see, he came up real quick and the sucker got away but there were scales everywhere.

[PoorWordUsage] in iowa close to the quad cities. ther is a slough area and this guy was ice fishing and pulled up a four and half pounder. It was a MONSTER. i have never seen anyone have to use two hands to hold it up for a picture. i don't know what he did with it after that.. but it is extremely rare to find even a 2and half pounder let alone a 4 and half.

Yeah, I've seen picture's of 17 inchers before. They are huge. Which is probably what a lot of them are in that tank, but there was one beast that was considerably larger than any other one in there. It was hanging out near some driftwood and seemed to have the area locked down. I bet it was very close to 20". I saw a little sign for flathead catfish, so I was looking for it. But couldn't seem to find one, that woulda been cool to see!

I was in the Cabelas in Rogers and the crappies weren't super impressive but my god were the Bluegills just BEASTLY! Just one of those in my lifetime would be amazing. I have broke the 10" mark a few times but these things would make those look like potato chips! The one in Rogers has some big cats in their tanks.