• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rock Chip Preventer when Tailoring????

Hello,

I want to put on (install / purchase) some sort of Rock Chip Bra or guard on my boat or boat trailer. What have you guys done??

I have found some different methods but nothing I am overly impressed with yet.

I have also spoke with a local canvas company to make up a bra for my boat but it would require doing some things that they have never down before. He said they could do this for around $500.00. What this would do is allow me to use the Bra by itself without the cover (which I have already) and also allow via a zipper system to the Bra and my cover in combination with each other.

What other options are out there???

Hello,

I want to put on (install / purchase) some sort of Rock Chip Bra or guard on my boat or boat trailer. What have you guys done??

I have found some different methods but nothing I am overly impressed with yet.

I have also spoke with a local canvas company to make up a bra for my boat but it would require doing some things that they have never down before. He said they could do this for around $500.00. What this would do is allow me to use the Bra by itself without the cover (which I have already) and also allow via a zipper system to the Bra and my cover in combination with each other.

What other options are out there???

I have looked into the mesh type systems that mount to the trailer. But they seem very cumbersom and it would seem they would be in the way when launching and loading. But am not sure??

Thanks for the feed back keep them coming...

I have one of these and it works awesome. I only use it on long trips, especially if I will be on any dirt/gravel roads. That and a tw tector type flap system and your good as gold.

Northlander,

How much did the mesh guard set you back and where did you purchase it??

Look up Bow Buddy. I got mine used from a guy at work. HSOforum doesnt have prices from what I saw but call a dealer and see what they say. I love mine when I do use it. I take it off when not going on long trips or gravel roads.