• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Battery Purchase - opinions

MikeH55343

I've never had a Yuasa that went bad in under 5 years. Its all I ever buy.

Any battery will have a shortened life if it is not used regularly or at least had a mainteainer on it when it sits for extended periods.

I would stay away from cheap no name brands and dont use anything but maintainance free.

I would stay away from cheap no name brands

I am curious why people always say this? I use cheap off brands in my truck and never have had a problem. From what I've read and heard cheap off brand batteries are made by the same companies making the expensive one's using the same processes just labeled different and sold with less warranty. I know there is all kinds of other things that are like this also in which the generic is just the name brand with a different label.

To each is own so don't get me wrong I'm not knocking anybody else's purchase. There is something to be said about the warranty also that comes with a name brand, I just am more risk taking in my approach of not wanting to purchase that warranty that comes with that name brand, so far been lucky.

cheaper brands in some cases may be built by the same companies but the lower cost just doesn't come from a lesser warranty.

Often times there are other manufacturing practices that contribute to the lower cost such as cheaper materials used.

I've always been a fan of the Odyssey brand. Although their dimensions on their batteries have been slightly different than stock batteries, with my occupation, I've been able to work around the minor differences.

I some what agree with bikeoutback with some exceptions...cheap batteries are usually good enough but only if they have a alternator attached, keeping them up and running(cars, boats, ATV..) but on equipment such as augers, flasher, secondary boat battery or anything that is used going stright to the source without recharging, I purchase a top quality batteries as they will last longer on a single charge...IMO!