• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Earwigs

I've been hearing about these from some of the locals but personally have not had the pleasure. There are some things you can use chemically but malathion while it stinks to high heaven probably isn't one of them. Even though Sevin is a carbamate, it has a very similar mode of action to malathion, an organophosphate. Here is a release from Colorado St. and another from the U. Colo St.'s Cranshaw went to school at the U when I was there. Good egg. Hope this helps.

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/insect/05533.html

http://www.extension.umn.edu/yardandgarden/YGLNews/YGLN-Aug0100.html#earwig

do a search on cypermethrin i have found many sites refering to it. it seems kind of spendy but willing to try it. synthetic spray that provides a barrier that will kill them and will last longer than store bought product. will have mine next week some time will report back findings.

do a search on cypermethrin i have found many sites refering to it. it seems kind of spendy but willing to try it. synthetic spray that provides a barrier that will kill them and will last longer than store bought product. will have mine next week some time will report back findings.

Well, I hope it works better for you on earwigs than it has for us on soybean aphid. It's (Mustang Max) way down the list of products we use if we're planning on getting out a big hammer. It's basically just another isomer of permethrin, the same ingredient in Pounce, Ambush and a whole host of relatively safe around the home products including those to kill headlice. Of course, if you put anything on heavy enough, it'll probably kill it. Best of luck on your experiment.

its called demon wp and it seems to have knocked down the population alot. my garbage can area was sprayed on wednesday and there is dead bugs all around it and the i dont see near as many bugs in the mulch areas. i noticed the concentration levels alot higher in this then some of the products above at 40% cypermethrin. lady i got it from says she uses another product on the soybean aphids.

Glad to hear it worked. As I said, dump a product on at a high enough rate and it's bound to work. Easily done in spot applications. Yes the concentration is higher because Demon WP is a wettable powder. Cuts down on the amount of material to handle but WP's tend to have issues with settling out, clogging screens, making snot or cottage cheese in tanks when mixed improperly, etc, etc. That's why the trend has been away from them in the ag sector for many years. It's likely still cheaper per unit of active ingredient in products like Mustang Max.

Just curious, do you have a commercial applicators license?

no i do not have a license but they sell this stuff all over the internet and dont ask for it, the label claims no noticable residue and i really dont notice it but i have a lighter colored house but i will have to check my sprayer today. it also comes in a liquid form in another brand but cost alot more money. today after all the rain the concrete that i sprayed around my house is full of dead bugs especially at my garage door seal.