• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trailer terror

T-water

I was just about to go fishing was about a half mile from the house when I sensed the trailer was not pulling the way it normally does. Due to the fact that I'm a man I usually ignore this kind of thing but on a whim I stopped to check it out. Glad I did, the trailer had torn just behind the tongue on both sides. It was hanging on by the metal in the middle of the tears. The tongue is welded on...not sure what I should do especially cause I can't take it anywhere. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Brad

T-water is the hitch welded on or the main tounge of the trailer weled on?

If it just the hitch that is welded on put some type of jacks/blocking under the trailer and remove the main tube/tonge of the trailer and take that to a welding shop they should be able to fix itor measure it up and replace it with a differnt one and bolt up the hitch this time.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks guys. Actually the whole tube was welded on. Anyway thank goodness for good neighbors. We pushed my boat over to his driveway and he welded it back together in a matter of minutes. I think it should be good to go, I'll probably have the whole assembly cut off and redone with a thicker gauge steel this winter. What a calamity I averted, I was about 4 minutes from 494...woulda been bad news.

Yeah, I cringe when I think about what could've happened. I also realized that I need to get he ball mount higher on my 4runner. My trailer currently is angled slightly downward putting a lot of pressure on the reciever.