• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2004 Johnson 140hp 4 stroke?

northguy

Had the boat out over the weekend on Vermillion and picked up a bunch of super line (300 plus yards) around the prop. I had to cut it out. When I got almost all of it out alot of water started to flow out past the remaining line. Removed the rest and then started the engine up and it runs fine but I do not have any water coming out the top output anymore. Did not overheat it and it seams to be running fine still but no water output. Any ideas on what may have went out?

I don't know, but it doesn't sound good. that is a suzuki with new paint and can be serviced by timbuktu in cook.

I wonder how someone could lose that much line in the lake. Line must have wrecked some kind of seal (duh).

I have a 2005 140 johnson same as a suzuki. A couple years ago I notice no water shooting throw the pee hole. Took it in to the dealer, they said it was just some garbage clog up in the pee hole and there was no damage to the motor. I'm guessing your motor is probably fine but you should take it to a marine mechanic anyways.

I'd start with pulling your lower unit lower plug and see what the gear lube looks like... if the line cut the shaft seal you may not have any lower unit lube left (which would be unrelated to not pumping water).

It sounds like coincidentally something may have plugged your tell tale indicator... did it work before the line got wrapped?

marine_man