• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow mount control board issues - Minn Kota

I have a 35lb autopilot Minn Kota trolling motor. It has worked fine up to this point. Now I have nothing. I've have power all the way through the on/off switch and to the control board. I'm not much of an electrical guy so I'm not sure where to go from here. I can't find any power coming out of the control board on any wires. There are several switches on the board. Is this a common piece to malfunction? I'm thinking of just replacing the whole board and hoping it works. Any tips to check the control board or othere suggestions would be helpful.

I don't know the issue to help you. But for another repair reco, I'd throw Fish Lectronics in Fridley into the mix. I brought my 55 PD AP in with an issue. Without looking at a thing he had the diagnosis nailed. Fixed 2 days later under warranty. Great people.

I've had the same issue on my 55lb. PD in the past. It turned out to be a controller board. The folks at the motor clinic said it isn't uncommon for this type of thing...which I believe is happening again to me. frown I've also had similar symptoms only for my terminals to be loose or corroded. Good luck.