• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

looking for....

whitebassman

1) A support pole or something to help hold up the trolling motor when trailering. I noticed the shaft just bounces up and down, not much, but I figure I could rig some kinda support to a Lund Sporttrak plate to help provide support. Anybody sell such a thing, or did you make it yourself?

2) Covers for the unused holes on the seat bases. I noticed, with all this rain we are getting, that one of the unused seats in the back as foam showing, and is not allowing water to leak through. Thinking about covering it with some kind of cap?

3) I noticed too, it would be handy to have some kind of glove box in the console for storing cell phone, car keys, and other loose ends of paper. Any thoughts? I saw Attwood HSOforum has something like this.

I've just got my new boat, and so thinking of things to add to it to make more comfortable. I love mods.

RAM makes a stabalizer mount for trolling motors, thats all I've evevr seen anyone use.

I bought a waterproof container at wally world (camping section) mounted it with a couple small L-brackets under the councel. Thats what everone puts their cellphones, wallets... in.

I made a support for my trolling motor. Pretty easy to do if you have a little scrap laying around and access to a welder.

1/2" pipe aboot 3 inches long. Welded a cup to one end and a small plate to the other. Screwed the plate to the bow and voila, the trolling motor shaft fits snug and is very well supported. No more bounce.

I should add......I did this cuz the bushings in my trolling motor pretty much exploded due to years of bouncing around.

The other guys covered Ram stabilizer mounts and storage (I like the idea of the watertight case - I think I'll try mounting one on a pull out tray). For the seat holes I believe Cabelas offers a plastic plug, sort of a cap that fits these. They were expensive so I bought only a couple, and for the others I leave open I stopped at my local Ace Hardware and bought a couple rubber stoppers where the large diameter is just barely bigger than the hole. It doesn't quite sit flush with the floor but close enough.