• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rear livewell filling when not supposed to?

DIESELDAN

The rear livewell in my 19' lund pro v fills up about half way and I cant figure out how to keep it from doing so. I tried seting that valve by the steering colum in different positions and it still is filling up, also tried making sure the plug was in before boat was put in the water that didnt work either. Could that valve that is connected to the livewell pump be bad? What should I try next? Any advice would be appreaceated.

Thanx DieselDan

I had the same problem on my Alumacraft. You may want to check your livewell overflow. For whatever reason, I still don't know, water was being forced up the overflow, which drains at the rear of the boat, and it filled the rear livewell to the point that it would spill over and fill the bottom of the boat. I don't use the rear livewell for anything, so I simply placed a rubber stopper in the overflow and that solved the problem.

With the plug in and the livewell set to recirc or fill water should not flow into the boat.

Can you tell where it's coming in? Through the screen?

Look for a panel in the center floor of your boat (behind the front casting deck) that's about 10" long (there will be a long one for the gas tank and a small one for the livewell valves). Pull the 4 screws out of that panel and you'll have access to the valves - make sure that they're moving as intended and reaching their full range of motion. If not, adjust them or have it replaced.

marine_man

I think it was coming in through the screen in the bottom of the livewell. I checked the valves and they seemed to be moving fine but I also think I last left the valve in the "empty" position. But if I remember correctly it still leaked in the fill and recir position. I will have to check and see if it still leaks in the fill or recir position this weekend just to be sure. If it still leaks when I put it in fill or recir position does that mean the valve is bad?

thanx DieselDan

My guess is no not the valve. Do you mean a manuel recirc. switch? Do you have a white valve in your livewell? If so you can turn that off. Do you you have a switch on your counsel double rocker type one way is on and the other is a timed on/off? I would have to say that your pump is getting power somehow. If the drain plug is in do you still get water filling? Do you have a high speed pick up (a small clear hose out the back of your boat with a white plastic peice that hangs down from the bottom of the boat)? Hope it helps.

Your boat most likely has a high speed water pick up for the rear livewell. Look underneath and there should be a small scoop in the bottom just a head of the transom. When moving you'll spray water into the livewell. You should be able to shut it off by turning the valve on the stand pipe inside the rear livewell.

Ill have to check into some of your suggestions this weekend. It sounds like there may be some kind of valve inside the livewell? Otherwise that valve thats connected to the pump may be bad. Hopefully I can figure it out this weekend, I hate hauling all that extra weight around. Thanx for the suggestions and if anyone else has an idea I'd love to hear it DieselDan