• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

90hp vs 115hp

jason007

My old boat was a 17 foot fiberglass tub with a 75 hp chrysler on it, i'm 6 foot and weigh 230, this old tub would pull me out of the hole on a wakeboard, granted i never rocketed right out of the water but it alwayse got me up, and most of the time there were three or four people in the boat, i'm thinkin it's a prop thing, me boat never had much for top end speed, but i'v pulled two teenage kids on tubes at the same time. I'd check into a prop before i went out and bought a new boat.

I could see that. Wakeboards have a ton of surface area. Even 2 skis isn't too terribly difficult. 1 ski is another ball game all together. I've seen guys get dragged half way across lakes trying to get pulled up on an underpowered boat. Takes a lot of strength to do that and its not much fun. We use slalom skis with 2 full boots (including laces on some) so dropping a ski isn't much of an option.

I got around to checking the F115 towing performance on my Crestliner 1850 this past weekend. For an idea on weight I had a full 39 gallons of gas, 3 batteries and 25 lb on-board charger in the rear of the boat, 3 guys averaging out to about 200 lbs each, and 3 dogs averaging out to about 60 lbs each. I am the one skiing and am 6'4" 215 lbs. This setup had no issues getting me up and out of the water. It might have issues with a single ski....but I don't know anyone that would really do that so that's not a concern for me.

Anyways...here's a video of the start.....