• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tiller verses concel

proplow3

I have a tiller boat now and I am thinking of eaither converting or buying a differnt boat,can any one give me the pros and cons of what you like better and why,Thank you and have a great day, By the way I do fish biger water alot of the time, Like Winnie

proplow3,
based on past posts on this topic i think it sounds easy to do and wont take a huge amount of money out of your pocket to put in the console in fact i have thought about doing it to my boat too. with the tiller trolling can get wet compared to with the console. the tiller doesnt take up that much space in the boat when you are trying to fight a big fish. the console can get in the way sometimes. with the bigger waters it can get kinda rough out there so the console would be an easier way of controlling where you want the boat to go. but other than that i think it is just a matter of personal preference if you like the tiller and have no problem controling it than i say stick with the tiller but if you dont like sitting in the back of the boat and dont like how you control the tiller than go with the console. as far as buying a new boat if you have the money and can afford it i say go ahead then you dont have to spend the extra money in putting the console in the boat and you could use the money for the new boat. i dont know what size boat you are looking for but i would suggest a Lund 1700 angler ss. great boat big enough for a family to fish out of with a big enough motor to ski and fish and very wide the console wouldnt even come in the way with this boat sportshow had it for 13000-14000 retail is aboout 17000 might be out of your price range or not but best all around boat i have seen. thats my two cents. hope this helps.
there is a topic down the page on this subject to.

------------------
Big D

[This message has been edited by Big_D (edited 03-09-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Big_D (edited 03-09-2003).]