• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slow power tilt & trim...

Meat-Run

Hey Marine-man and others,

I have a 1992 115hp mariner on a ranger and the power tilt and trim is very slow. I have checked the oil in the past and it was full and have had the brushes "freshened up" or replaced but it's still on the very slow side. From the looks of it the cylinder that holds the fluid is up side down and needs to be taken off in order to be filled. Can somebody give me some history or experience on these older tilt and trim units? I would consider a new system some how if it's not to much but I've heard they they could run around $400 or more? If it helps I could take a picture and email to some one for a better look?

Or if there is anybody in Brainerd that you know of that could give it more life?

thanks for any help you offer?

mr

No you dont need to take it off. When the unit is is in the full up position, the fluid should be level with the bottom of the fill hole. The reason you may think its upside down is because in the full up position, most of the oil is in the tilt cylinder. When retracted the fluid would actually be higher than the bottom of the fill hole.