• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reach Beta

Nick Kuhn

My brother won a contest and got the early invite so we have been playing for a few days. The rest goes public today. Anyone else going to tinker around in it? All I can say is the weapon balance is currently very poor. The focus rifle, sniper rifle, rocket launcher, grenades, and plasma launcher are all extremely overpowered (rockets being impossible to dodge, unless you use armor lockdown, and the sniper rifle seems to have a bugged hit box). The rest of the weapons are extremely underpowered. A full clip from the assault rifle is barely enough to take away just the shield. You have to shoot almost perfectly to kill anyone with just one pistol clip. The DMR and Needle Rifle both take 8-10 shots on average to kill.

i played a few matches last night before i went to bed. I agree with what you've said. I was really disappointed with the DMR and am sure it will be fixed. I had to resort to the needler (which i hate) to get on a role. I am not sure how much i like this game yet but will have to play more to get a good opinion. The jet pack is alittle slow and i found myself using sprint the most i tried the armor lockdown and it looks like it could be very useful.

I do think that all the differetn armor combos is cool as well as the ranking/medal? system bronze silver gold... i do like the one month long season that will be used too.

it seems like the concepts are all good but the gameplay as of now is not what i was expecting.

I was really excited to start playin after seeing all the trailers and vids but was let down a little. It is only a beta though so many thing could and probably will change when the actual game is released. I was hoping they would include the headhunter playlist but sadly no.

I will have to balance time between reach, nhl 10, and MW2

Balancing always changes. Grenades were one of the first things changed in Halo 2 (when the game first came out they took like 3 seconds to go off and would never hit anything). The Halo 3 beta was also balanced very differently than the released game. The trip mine had the most notable change: it killed anything and everything in the beta, but in the actual release it seemed to only kill your teammates or yourself.

Armor lock is the best of the armor abilities. Sprint is useful too but you can really frustrate people with armor lock. Here the grenade tink, armor lock for a split second. Got stuck? Armor lock. Rocket guy in front of you? Armor lock. About to get beat down? Armor lock, he'll take damage and you won't.

The airpack is only useful on sword base for ctf.

Stalker is useless against anyone who's any good. Picking out the real radar blip is a cinch and the camo really isn't very good.

Started playing the beta and all I can say is "same ol' sh**, different day". I was not impressed. They can change the weapons and add perks but its the same Halo nonsense and I am an avid Halo player. Maybe its because I am not use to the new maps and don't know were the gun spawns are yet.

I played team slayer last night on sword base, two of my team mates quit and the other team had all the weapons. It became one sided fast and I could literally do nothing but sit there and wait for the game to get over. I loved playing 2vs4 in Halo 3, you actually had a chance, now the maps on the beta are so small and with the added perks you can't move from one level to the other with out running into someone flying around with their jet pack or using armor lock.

I'm sure I will learn to love it but we'll see. Atleast it will get me through a few more days untill Red Dead Redemption releases!!