• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

need a new site.

Boar

Just got back from scheels last night, gota new stabilizer, lost mine a few years ago, how? dont ask.Sometimes the so called archery experts in these stores really erk my nerves, I aint no expert but have a basic knowledge of archery, some are really good but i always get the doughnut. Anywho i think I got my arrow flight problem figured out,Took a look at bow tork an different things, an it appears to be the rest was causing the problems, we paper tuned it an nock was way off to the left of the fletching. Definatley gonna make my own paper tuning stand, have an old tripod from a video camera an can make a apperatis to mount on top to hold papper, any who again. so i got some new arrows an a D loop put on did'nt have one before, The new arrows are carbon an old ones are aluminum eastons an the guy new this an asked if i had feild tips at home an I do, but they are the old aluminum arrow tips therefore largerr in diameter then the new carbon arrows, Dougnut head should have at least told me the theres a diffrence.all in all I guesse I was pleased, butnow I want a new site an am looking at something in the under hundy range, looking at a cobra three pin or a tru glow. Dont like more than three pins, can u take out pins on any site? Any suggestions will help Tanks boar

+1 for the toxonics I have had them on my hunting bow for 4 seasons now and they are allways on even after a 20+ foot fall from the stand and have not broke the fiber optics. Had the tru-glo on a other bow and the second trip out I got to my stand and didn't have any fiber optics left in the pins.

yea having a blast picking it back up again, Thanks for the suggestions. i picked up a apex site today an so far am enjoying it. One thing that floored me was the new arrows, I bought some bemans 340's put on the proper feild tip an put on the new site, went into the back yard four arrows an I'm in the circle but i noticed that my arrows are penetrating much further into my block than my old easton an one came 4 inches out the back. this impressess me alot cause my old aluminums couldnt reach that far into the block under the same poundage, Now it really su cks pulling out my arrows. And speed holy sh--! The thump of the bow an the arrow hiting the target at 20 yards it pretty the much all one sound. I now just half to get a replacement wisker bisket for carbon diameter arrows. thanks again for all suggestions. cantwait for the fall. Boar