• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crappies on Red Lake; Circa 2003

The Crappies in URL behave much like the Cheerios I eat in my bowl of milk in the morning.

Sometimes they all float to the right side, sometimes to the left, other times they scatter. And those last few O's can be hard to catch in the spoon sometimes.

There's no reason why the Cheerios go to one side of the bowl or another, and everyday the Cheerios group in a different spot of the bowl.

Sometimes I can eat all my Cheerios before they get soggy, and other times...Well I was just too slow, and they go in the trash.

On Red Lake, it's not that you're "scoopin' the spoon in the wrong spot", but that you're "scoopin' the spoon" in that spot at the wrong time".

If ya don't scoop any Cheerios, scoop in a different spot of the bowl, and ya might fill your tummy better.

Don't scoop in the right spot soon enough, and the Cheerios get soggy and breakfast is over.

The size and color of your "spoon" makes a difference though, red glow and minnows are about best. Whether you use a jigging spoon, or a tear drop style is up to you.

The relation of Cheerios to Crappies on URL is the fact that the structure we deal with is no more complex then that of a cereal bowl. Furthermore, the fish have no rhyme or reason for being in one particular spot vs. another. Even bottom types and content often have minimal bearing on the fishes location in wintertime.

With all this in mind, I ask you, What's in your cereal bowl?

im not sure if it would make me feel better. why dont you delete it, and i will take a couple days to see how i am feeling. i will let you know. and if you are interested, i have a theory that somehow pumpkin pie is connected to the way we hunt for wood ducks, if you would like to hear it let me know.