• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Peregrine takes a Grackle

My rig does not do so hot on long shots like this and they are cropped real heavy so quality is poor but I find them interesting so here we go.

Knowing the falcons hunt here I stopped by to see if I could get....well what I got. I watched the falcon sit on top of a bridge for while before this took place. I was on a pier and right under me is where the crackle came out from so I got a peek at it and heard it, otherwise I would have assumed it was a starling. But I heard-saw it fly out, looked to the falcon and it was already in the air....

This is the second pass and the second time the grackle is in the water, I missed the first.

4485247033_4438c5da80_o.jpg

4485897606_a3b95843a5_o.jpg

4485247241_506ff2cd6d_o.jpg

few passes later it's done deal

4485898154_0c0d42211b_o.jpg

4485254199_9d83e4909f_o.jpg

Seems to be a favored spot to eat chow

4485254299_58fdcfb36d_o.jpg

And some is saved and taken for later. Cant imagine there is chicks already?

4485904496_acdae715b3_o.jpg

Everyone knows falcons are fast flyers. But there was no contest at all between these 2 birds. The falcon seemed to put forth little to no effort in this hunt while the other was giving it all it had. Just amazing to see, at least what I did. I kept loosing track of the falcon looking through the camera.

I have been told there are 3 nest sites. One on each bridge and one on a building dowtown. I always get the bridges mixed up but I was at the one with the boat ramps and UPS is located down there.