• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Namakan Advice

Fishing Namakan Sept. 8th-14th. I would like some help with location and presentation for pike,walleye,perch,and crappie. Any advice would help considerably.

DW,
I would suggest possibly spending some time in the west end of Kab, the namakan bite has been somewhat tough lately(inlaws were up 4 days last weekend and did poorly in the Namakan Island area). Crappies try Lost Bay, suspended over 20-25'.
Dont overlook deep (35-45') water for walleye's, jig/rainbow minnow is standard but crawlers/spinners/lindy's may work. I was on Rainy 2 weeks ago and all our larger fish came from that depth range. For pike I love to troll large shadraps or similar plugs during the day along islands and reef areas, or deeper off weeds. Last year i was on namakan the second week of Sept and did well, but this year has been tougher overall on namakan from what i've seen. Enjoy, its realy nice and look for some awesome displays of the aurora borealis ("northern lights") at night, they can be unreal this time of year.
Xplorer