• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

24 volt system

lucky

I have a 24 volt system, should i be getting 24 volts out of the plug in? I checked both trolling motors plug in and im only getting 12. I checked my battery's by placing the probes on opposite terminals of the two and im only getting 12 volts. Help

Sounds like you may have something hooked up wrong. You must run a wire from Positive on one battery to negative on the other battery. then hook your leads to the trolling motor accordingly, red on one battery to Pos. lead to your motor, black on the other battery to Neg. lead on your motor. You should read 24 volts with this set up.

Agree that you should be getting 24 volts.

There's 2 ways to make the connection and it depends on what your trolling motor plug in is like.

One way is to make the connetion at the battery -- jumper pos on one to neg on the other -- and the remaining pos and neg will bring 24 volts to your plug in.

The other way has the jumper in your plug --- each battery has pos and neg wires that bring 12 volts to the plug-in, and the plug itself has a neg terminal, a 12 volt terminal, and a 24 volt terminal. You need to have your trolling motor's pos wire connected to the correct terminal to get 24 volts in that setup.

You should be getting 12 volts off 1 terminal and 24 volts off the other terminal, and should be connecting your motor to the 24 volt terminal.

If you can't get 24 volts at the plug, check your battery wiring. Maybe you're not bringing both batteries to the plug in ... or maybe you're not making the jumper in the plug in???

When you say your plug in, do you mean the male or the female plug in?

If the jumper is built into your plug, then at the female plug you should only be seeing 12V.

If the jumper is at the battery, then your female plug should show 24V.

marine_man