• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which winch to buy??

jkjkoda

No need to apologize. I just wanted to make sure we're all steering everyone in the same direction. grin

If you do end up needing a replacement good luck with your search and I hope you find one that fits your budget and gets you out of any "trouble" you might find with your Zook!

cowhead

take your time and tare it apart, I take mine apart every year clean and regrease. I've had my venome 3000 for 7-8 years now and no problems.

synthetic rope is the only way to go. I've hade mine on for 5 years hasn't broke yet and I use it all the time (heavy use)

So peerchking if you have a Venom and you tear it apart and clean it how does the clutch work becasue mine wont feespool. If i put it to freespool the drum is still locked solid even if i pull on it and if i run the motor in either direction you can hear the motor turning and but the drum stays locked up so help me out here and then i will try and tear it all apart and clean it up

that would be great Peerchking I just want to know whats all in there and what makes it freespool and how to clean it up so it doesnt sound like a bunch of rocks in there I apperciate your help looking forward to the pictures

Some of the pics might be blurry but here it goes.

my winch is a 3000# the 2500# is a little differant but you'll get the picture. Make sure to tape up the hot wire when you take it out of your machine then take off the bottom plate.

winch1.jpg

Then take off the two end bolts on the other side.

winch.jpg

Then take off the two bolts on the inside of the hub assamble.

winch4.jpg

Then you can see the free spool assemble,this is held to gether with a roll pin that you can take out by using the back end of a drill bite.

junk.jpg

Gear from hub.

winch3.jpg

Next the two remanning from the moter side.

winch10.jpg

There is the planitary gears, dont worry they dont fall apart or anything like that.

winch11.jpg

Time to clean things up, I just use a little parts cleaner in a ice crean pale with an old brush or you can use gas just dont smoke!

I will post again when clean up and putting back together.

I need a new camara

Speaking of the break down did you ever get the pictures of it when its all cleaned up and what do you think my problem would be with mine not Freespooling... Thats my main concern and what do you put in it for Grease? Thanks Im looking forward to pulling mine apart this weekend hopefully and getting it working like it should

Well hopefully Ill get to pull it apart sometime this weekend work hasnt permitted me to have a whole lot of extra time. So well if i move the Freespool Knob to Free the Drum is still locked and it wont freespool but if you run the motor in freespool the drum doesnt do anything so i dont know if there is a break system in there that holds the drum that isnt releasing or what the deal is but i guess im not sure