• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

150 four strokes

erniebak

maybe get the lastest tech

buy an E-TEC and listen to it purrrrrrrrrrrrr

I don't see many e-tecs on Vermilion, and when I talked to the dealer he sounded sort of luke warm about them. That was several years ago however.

Personally I find it hard to get any reliable information about etec performance and reliability and can't really see any advantage over a 4 stroke or even an optimax. The etec 150 is lighter than the suzuki 150 or the yamaha 150 by about 55 pounds, and about the same as the suzuki 140.

The guys I know that have 4 strokes, suzuki and yamaha, love them and have had very good luck.

I have 150 and i can say this

its on a 20ft glass boat and its a very good set up

its has power shoots me out of the water i'm on plane in a secound

never lose site infront of me (safty) more so in a tiller

I can troll at 2.5mph going foward on flat water and with a small chop

can back troll with it actually in a good chop i have to bump it up alitle (boat size would dictate that) iits not a real fast boat 44

on flat water but i''m on big water 80% of time so with wind your not running wide open anyway

but at wide open on flatter water i can carry on a conversation

oil is spendie 35$a gal but i dont use much..not realy an issue to me

i was serious about the purring part i like to listen to it run when i start and it starts before you done turning the key

very little maintence before storage

i also before my new had a 60 on a glass tiller boat that was probably little small for that boat but all of the above applies to that motor as well specially the power to plane it out

if i was going to go back to a tiller boat which after running one for 20yrs it does cross my mind now and then

i would go out of my way to hang an E-TEC on it

that bout as relialbe as i gues i can be

from what i read yamie and suzuki age great motors to i guess

its just personal perference

if your around Winnie or the brainerd lakes are gimmie hola i'll give you a ride