• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

new addition to the family..

shnelson

Last night my fiance and I finally made the commitment to bring a pup into the home, we took a 600 mile trip to Iowa and back to rescue a 12wk old lab pup. Here's some pictures of Koda:

IMG_4549.JPG

_MG_4561.JPG

Anyone got any ideas on what he might be mixed with? He has a small white patch on his chest that I didn't think was a normal trait of a lab?

I don't have any better pictures of his full body, every time he sees me with the camera he takes a seat and gets ready for a pose!

Thanks guys! He has been a blast so far, he has a real timid personality but we're starting to see some playfulness out of him.

I have hopes to get him into the blind with me, but also have the understanding that I shouldn't set that high of an expectation for an adopted pup where the origin is unknown. He is proving to be an excellent companion in the house so far though, and that is the primary reason we picked him out.

I've been trying to catch up on all the great threads in this section as far as puppy care and training, but I know I will be posting some questions soon as it has been a while since I last had a pup, and this will be the first I try to train as a retriever...

My oldest lab was also rescued. He does a great job in the field, a great mentor to my younger lab, an awesone dock jumper , and most of all a great buddy. Do not be suprised what qualities you may find in that good looking little dog.

Cangrats!

"hooks"