• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Zippel bay Ice out Pike tourney

fiskyknut

Still time to make plans to get up here. This is a fun tourney, only 40 bucks per team for both days, so it's not high pressure. You don't need a big, fast tourney boat to be successful as the bounderies are entirely within the bay. Next sat and sun, the 27th and 28th. Talked too Deanna at Z-bay and she said its starting to open up a bit, she sounded optomistic. Alternate dates are the following weekend, May 4 and 5. Anybody interested and wanting more info can post here or the LOW forum.

Regards....Fisky

I seems to me to be a little questionable to have a pike tournament when pike are spawning. Big pike are vunarable at this time. Does't sound like a good idea to me. Decreasing numbers of big pike in minnesota is continuing trend. Big pike need to be protected. AJ

The tourney if fully C&R and you are required to have a livewell to hold a 40" fish to even participate and they have to run in with it for weigh-in when they catch one.
Either case, the season is open up there with a very large protected slot so the fishery must be able to withstand the few people hardy enough to go out in 40 degree weather on LOW days after ice-out.